Imaginative and different, these recipes are sure to please as gifts. Be certain to label each bottle or jar and give directions on how to use the mix.
?Imaginative and different, these recipes are sure to please as gifts. Be certain to label each bottle or jar and give directions on how to use the mix.
FRESH LEMON LIQUEUR
2 cups vodka
1 cup sugar
• With vegetable parer, peel lemons in continuous spirals. Place lemon peel and vodka in jar with tight fitting lid.
• Let stand one week: shake occasionally.
• Remove lemon peel. Add sugar; shake until sugar dissolves. Let stand seven days longer.
• Serve as a drink straight or over crushed ice. For dessert, serve over fresh fruits or vanilla ice cream if desired.
• Yield: about 2 ½ cups.
*Note: Squeeze juice for use in other recipes or simply freeze it for later use.
½ cup powdered instant coffee (not crystals)
¾ cup instant cocoa mix
¾ cup powdered instant non-dairy creamer
• With vegetable parer, peer oranges in continuous spirals. Place peel on baking sheet and dry in oven at 200?F for 2 hours.
• Place dried peel and remaining ingredients in a jar. Cover; store mix for one week for the flavors to blend.
• Yield: about 2 cups mix or 16 servings.
To serve, spoon 2 level tablespoons in each cup. Add 3/4 cup boiling water: stir well.
COFFEE VODKA DELIGHT
3 cups vodka
2 cups water
2 cups fine sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar
2/3 cup freeze-dried coffee
1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla
• Mix all ingredients in a 2-quart jar. Cover tightly and let stand at room temperature for 2 weeks.
• Pour liqueur into bottles and seal.
CINNAMON MOCHA MIX
½ cup sugar
¼ cup freeze-dried instant coffee
¼ cup cocoa
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• Place all ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend on high spend for 15 seconds. Stir. Cover and blend for another 15 seconds. Store in tightly covered container.
• For each serving, place 2 to 3 teaspoons mix in cup. Fill with boiling water: stir. Top with whipped cream if desired. For 6 servings, place ¼ to 1/3 cup mix in heatproof container; add 4 cups boiling water.
SEASONED BREADING MIX
2 cups fine dry bread crumbs
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon pepper
• Mix all ingredients. Store in a tightly covered container.
• Use this to coat chicken before frying or baking.
• Cut sprigs of fresh dill, basil, tarragon, or mint to fit height of bottle. Place herbs in bottle using handle of wooden spoon to push through neck of bottle if necessary.
• Fill bottle with white, cider, or wine vinegar.
• Cover bottle and let stand at room temperature for one week to blend flavors.